There’s an amazingly exciting and fun award that has been being passed around to smaller/newer sites around the blogosphere called the Liebester Award and we’re so excited and thankful to say we’ve received it from Melissa at A Prudent Life! This totally made our week!
How it works is fun and simple:
1. Thank the blogger who presented you with the Liebster Award, and link back to his or her blog.
2. Answer the questions from the nominator; list 10 random facts about yourself, and create 10 questions for your nominees.
3. Present the Liebster Award to several other bloggers, who have blogs with 200 followers or less, whom you feel deserve to be noticed. Leave a comment on the blogs letting the owners know they have been chosen.
4. Upload the Liebster Award image to your blog.
Since there’s two of us, we decided to take on Melissa’s questions individually : ) Some of them definitely had us thinking for a while!
Here’s what Melissa sent:
1. How did you come up with the name of your blog?
Sypsie is a combination of the words sisters and gypsy. We have bohemian ancestry and have always loved the traveling soul mentality and of course the boho design and style! We wanted to come up with something new and were aiming at a one word title (I mean we hear Oprah, Madonna and Target are all pretty much amazing and have one name- so we rolled with it) so Sypsie it was : )
2. Iphone/Android/or Neither?
J: Iphone, because I’ve had one for so long and am not the best at new technology- It would take me too long to figure out how to use an Android embarrassingly enough!
3. Did you have a favorite childhood pet?
J&P: Our pup Rascal! He was the scragliest looking pup ever but he was a sweetie and we couldn’t have loved him more. Paige (still) has a stuffed animal named Rascal in his remembrance.
4. When do you start decorating for Christmas?
J: Anytime after Thanksgiving- I’m a big take one holiday at a time kinda gal and get worn out on Christmas if I start too early.
P: We start decorating after Thanksgiving because it’s “socially acceptable” by Jodie but if I had to decide we’d have Christmas cheer all year.
5. Favorite Christmas ornament?
J&P: Oddly enough we have the same answer! A pickle. Don’t worry it’s a fake one : ) It’s a German tradition to hide the pickle ornament in the tree on Christmas Eve night, and the first kid to find the pickle on the tree Christmas Day morning gets a little extra present. Who could hate an extra present? Not we.
6. If you could pick five celebrities to follow your blog, who would they be?
(Hardest question yet so answered together!)
Martha Stewart, because she pretty much started the DIY craze, Oprah, because she’s Oprah, the Property Brothers (can’t have one without the other right?), and Kristen Wiig, because we love her sarcasm and think we’d be good friends.
7. Beauty product you can’t live without?
J: Mascara. I think it brightens your face up so much and if you’re lucky enough to have a nice complexion you can one-and-done-it with it.
P: Jodie said this is weird and too literal of me to say, but shampoo. Imagining life without it is tragic for everyone involved.
8. Favorite type of exercise?
J: Horizontal running. (name that movie!) Just kidding : ) Kinda… I’m a big elliptical person.
P: The kind where you don’t even know you’re doing it! Playing sports outside with my little brother or blarring old boy band music with my sisters and dancing, some of the best workouts in my opinion!
9. What’s the most important thing on your to do list today?
J: Pay bills. Wooooo being an adult. Second most important thing is setting up our Christmas tree tonight!
P: Doing some home decorating with Jodie and wrapping presents to get into the Christmas spirit!
10. Favorite social media platform (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, etc)
J: I’m a Facebook fan because I love looking at everyone’s pictures. Stalker alert.
P: I’m a sucker for instagram! Sometimes one of the hardest decisions can be if you’re more of a Lo-fi person or a Rise girl…
Now, ten random facts about us!
1. We come from a his-mine-ours-hers family. We often get confused who goes where or belongs to who and got excused from both of our family tree assignments in elementary school out of more confusion from our teachers.
2. We could survive on olives, pickles, cheese, popcorn, wine and sour patch berries, and we’re not ashamed of it.
3. Our mom used to sing us a song that included comparing us to ringed bologna when we were kids. We realize how ridiculous this sounds.
4. Getting our nails done is our guilty pleasure.
5. We either get told we’re identical, or people laugh at the fact that we’re sisters because we look nothing alike. Not sure why there’s the two extremes.
6. This house is the first time we’ve lived together in 7 years because of our age differences (5 years).
7. We’re huge hockey and Red Wing
8. We spend more money at home improvement stores than we do any mall.
9. We’re very superstitious. We knock on wood, make wishes at 11:11 and everything else ridiculous you can think of. The new Bud Light “it’s only weird if it doesn’t work” commercials get us.
10. It took us entirely too long right now to learn how to spell superstitious. No spelling bee winners in this family.
Anddd last but not least, our nominated blogs and the questions for them to answer! Hope you have as much fun as we did : )
1. Why did you decide to start a blog?
2. What is your greatest influencer/inspiration for your posts? (Pinterest, a specific blog, family, random objects… anything!)
3. If you could be any animal, what would it be and why?
4. What is your favorite post you’ve completed to date?
5. Your favorite store to shop at is…
6. If your life were a movie, what actress or actor would play your character?
7. What is your top blogging goal for 2014?
8. What’s your favorite town/city in the world?
9. What’s your favorite room in your house and why?
10. If you were a fabric pattern, what would you be and why?