After Paige moved from our first rental home back to school, I moved in with M into his one bedroom apartment. Tasked with combining both of our styles and using what furniture and space we have, here is the progress we’ve made so far!
Living Room Progress:
Here’s the to-do’s and what I’ve accomplished so far:
- Updated the IKEA coffee table with faux wood wrapping paper
- Up Next: Artwork, Lamp Upgrade, Curtains & General Organization
The bedroom has gotten the most changes from the day I moved in, starting with a bright white comforter from Target and a new yellow, gray & green color scheme.
- Hung curtains to cozy up the space
- Added a painted nightstand to match the dresser we refinished
- Made a custom cover for the IKEA Poang chair M had in black
- Up Next: Upgrade Lamp, Artwork, Pillow Covers
The kitchen is small and full of rental trends- faux wood cabinets, white appliances, and even a beauty bar above the sink. Since we can’t change any of those things, I’ve added a few “pops” of interest here and there to bring in some color.
- DIY Magnets made from wood scraps, paint & thumbtacks
- Sharpie mug succulent planter inspired by Pinterest
- To Do: I’m playing around with a few ideas to brighten up the space- stay tuned!
The office area is technically in the living room, and right now just features this small desk and monitor.
- Created a chicken wire message board for important messages, upgraded the desk to fit both monitor and printer
- To Do: Add Storage
So far I’ve updated the shower curtain and added a few baskets for storage- I have a fun project in mind to add to the space before pictures are shared so stay tuned : )