After announcing my big move earlier this week, I wanted to wrap this week up with a house wrap-up! Here’s how the house last looked before the packing and boxes took over : )
Living Room Progress: This is one room that was constantly changing in terms of color schemes with pillows and artwork, but here is an example of what it looked like at one point! (minus that 5 bulb lamp that got switched out after these pics were taken!)
- We shared our paint colors for the space
- Revealed the pictures below
- Upgraded the 5 bulb lamp (embarrassingly enough from college and it was a use-what-you-have kinda thing) to a DIY chandelier lamp
Kitchen Progress: This is another room that had constant changes and small updates, but the main ones were:
Paige’s Bedroom Progress: Phase one of this room happened when Paige and I first moved in and it became her bedroom.
Phase two of this room happened when Paige moved out to go back to school, and this space has been transformed into the guest bedroom!
- The room got painted in Benjamin Moore’s Edgecomb Gray
- Quick and inexpensive pillows were made and added to the daybed
- A painted rocking chair was moved into the corner
- The whole space was revealed in a big follow up post
Office/Guest Progress: This is another room that had two phases during the year and a half we lived here. First it was an office/guest room combo.
- We added vertical blind covering curtains and an easy window valance, made from a shower curtain
- An old office chair got a new life
- We hacked an Ikea storage system to create craft supply storage
- The full room was revealed
As phase two, this room evolved into an office area only after Paige’s room became the guest bedroom.
- The curtain valance was updated to a faux roman shade
- We went shopping and picked up some new accent chairs
- A quick and easy chalkboard was created for organization
- The desk got a major overhaul and was primed and painted to match our style
Jodie’s Bedroom Progress: This room started out with peaceful purple walls with gray and white accents.
- Faux crates were created to manage my messy bookcase
- We added some DIY striped curtains
- The room was officially revealed
After living with the color scheme for a year, I wanted to switch it up to a lighter and brighter space.
- We repainted the walls a soft blue
- Made over a Target clearance table lamp find
- Made an easy cover for the old headboard using a shower curtain and Command strips
Bathroom Progress: This is the room we invested in the most as renters, because the state of it when we moved in was anything but clean.
- We painted the walls and cabinet, added a chair rail around the whole room, updated the towel bar and TP roll holder, added a shelf and updated the mirrors- all shown in the reveal
That about wraps up all of the rooms in our ranch. If you want to see the full “befores” they’re all posted on our Home Tour page as well.
Goodbye little home! It’s bittersweet because we will miss you, but the creative side of me can’t wait to start on some new projects and adventures : )
PS. Want more Sypsie? Follow us by email (top of the right sidebar!) or any of our social pages!