Week two, week two, week two. That came up fast per usual! But, we did manage to get one big thing checked off the list. The floor tile! Let’s take a quick peek at where we started last week, and how we got to where we are today.
See that builder grade beige tile? It was not our favorite, and it’s really hard to remove without damaging the subfloor. So, per the advice of a professional, if your threshold allows for the height of additional tile on top of the current tile, you can actually use it as your subfloor. Anyone demoing this in the future may not love you, full disclosure, but it’s not uncommon! We used a metal schlutter piece as the threshold and it was low enough to not cause a trip hazard compared to the carpet in the adjoining hallway.
So, after some quick demo (removing the baseboards and wall mirror) we cleaned the tile really well, used some sandpaper to rough it up a little bit, and started laying our tile! It’s a HUGE format tile, at 24×24, so it went down quickly, but did require a lot of large cuts.
In just one week, and with only one to-do checked off the list, it’s looking so much better already! I also hung up the new shower curtain for both functionality, and because I have zero chill when trying to see a space coming together and get overly excited about the details ha!
More to come next week for this One Room Challenge! Paint and countertops are next on the list… so stay tuned and be sure the check out all of the amazing progress everyone is making!
Leave a Reply